Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

wvc210 not accessing remotely or through IPhone4

I have gone through so many posts and I feel that I have forwarded my port etc.  I don't know what else it could be. 

I am working on a MACbook now.  Set up the camera wirelessly, have access through my Iphone4 while I'm on my home wifi but once I leave the zone I cannot access the camera any more.  I really want this camera to be set up in our house in Cabo so i am learning it here.  I have tried going through the WAN IP etc.  Any more input would be appreciated.

Wvc210 with a Linksys wrt310n v2 router

2 REPLIES
Gold

Hi Brenda,

If the camera is still set to listen on port 80, then that is the port that should be forwarded in your router. In the WRT310, simply select HTTP from the dropdown under Application Name, change the last digits of the IP address to match the camera's IP, and click Enable. Then Save Settings at the bottom of the page and the port is forwarded.

Note that your router must have a true WAN IP or the Port Forwarding will not work. Go to Status-> Router and look at the Internet IP Address: If this address starts with 192.168 then you are behind another router (or modem/router from ISP) and you have a private IP address. In this case you will need to either bridge the other device or complete port forwarding in that device as well. (Forward port 80 to the WRT310)

This can get quite complicated if you are not familiar with the devices and how they work. If you need assistance, please call the Small Business Support Center and reference this post. I or one of my colleagues will be happy to assist you in getting remote access to the camera.

I went through the Wvc210 and did the single port forward to 192.168.2.117, my camera. 

My router has a WAN IP 98.248.68...

I have noticed in other posts that some of the boxes are not checked in the Discovery settings. Do those mean anything to my case? 

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content