Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WVC210 - problem with playback system.

video_play.jpg

Hi all,

someone can tell me where is my mistake??

When I try to view my video recording (stored in local compuer) in the windows just appears an static image of the first image recorded.

In this image, on the top right corner, appears a disable icon camera and I can't go on. (What's does it mean??)

I have installed last software (AVMS_APP_2.0.2.1.zip) and using WIN7 professional 64 bit. I try to disable UAC too.

The camera work fine and is conneted by wireless connection with static IP. I can view the streaming on IE and Main Console regularly.

Tanks all.

• Small Business Surveillance
Everyone's tags (5)
6 REPLIES

Re: WVC210 - problem with playback system.

Thank you for your question.

My name is Eric Moyers, I am a Cisco Smal Business Support Engineer. Couple of questions,

1.) What camera are you using?

2.) What do you have the the Video settings set to?

3.) Has this ever worked, or has it always been this way?

If possible you should probably call into the Support Center ao one of a Agents can go over the settings you have in the software. Would be quicker that way.

Eric Moyers
Cisco SBSC Network Engineer
1-866-606-1866

Hello mr. Moyers and thanks for your fast anwer.

Following my answer:

1.) What camera are you using?

CISCO WVC210 PTZ with all lastes software/firmware installed.

2.) What do you have the the Video settings set to?

I have try to change in all format (MJPG, MPEG4) 640 x 480 resolution. Not resolve.

3.) Has this ever worked, or has it always been this way?

Yes, it worked before with same configurations. I've just installed the last software (AVMS_APP_2.0.2.1).

If possible you should probably call into the Support Center ao one of a Agents can go over the settings you have in the software. Would be quicker that way.

Great. Where i can find this contact?

More informations about my system:

Machine: DELL Laptop, I7 processor, 4 Gb ram, win7 Pro 64 bit

ESET Smart Security suite antivirus

Configuration IP camera: WEP wireless with static IP. It works fine trought I.E.

Storage: Local Machine

The Support Center here in the US is 1-866-606-1866. It is open 24 hrs a day 7 days a week, even Holidays.

For other locations please check this list

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Hello again Eric,

I try to contact service at:

Italy800 928 322

but i didn't get nothing...

I just ask to CISCO what hell means the icon on the top... It's so difficult??

Tks.

Deart CISCO staff,

I finally found myself an answer to my question.

To able all recorded events I just flag "auto skip in rec movement" in VIDEO MONITORING SYSTEM -> SETTING -> general -> player.

If this is disable, the player shows nothing, despite some event are present on local server. The icon on the top right corner (camera disable) means that no event is occours at moment. (The long awaited answer to my question).

Tanks a lot for all your "FANTASTIC" support!!!! I'm aware that CISCO is always the best!!!

I hope my solution will help other desperate customers...

Gold

tsunamisurfing,

Your solution will help other desperate customers...

I have personally never experienced the issue you had. Now I know what to do if it happens.

Thank you for posting!

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.