Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WVC210 recording via ftp or smb

Hi to all,

i'm new on this forum. I'm searching about a one way to recording via ftp or smb.

What i understand is that the ipcam could record to a smb server automatic. Via ftp, just for motion capture.

Is it true?

I'm trying to setting both way, but something doesn't work:

12/29/2011 09:19:37 Samba Record: Failed to connect to the server [host: xx.xx.XX.XX].

12/29/2011 09:19:02 Samba Record: Start to record video.

12/29/2011 09:19:37 Samba Record: Failed to connect to the server [host: xx.xx.xx.xx].

12/29/2011 09:19:02 Samba Record: Start to record video.

Also i read

12/29/2011 09:22:12 HTTP: Streaming end (HTTP: xx.xx.xx.xx, admin).

12/29/2011 09:17:35 HTTP: Streaming start (HTTP: xx.xx.xx.xx, admin).

But in the destination host nothing find.

Could someone help me please?

6 REPLIES
Gold

Hi Enzuccio82,

Welcome to the community!

The camera can send motion alerts to an FTP server, which are the same as email alerts sent to an email address. You will get about 5 seconds of video on an alert or multiple .JPEG images. You need to have an FTP server configured and you need to configure the camera to send to that server. You can send video or images to an FTP server over the internet.

Using SMB/CIFS you can record continuously to a properly configured Samba server. This can be simply a shared folder on a PC or a Network Attached Storage device. Either way the camera needs to have Read/Write access to the shared folder. The easiest way to get started is to create a wide open share that anyone can access on the root of the drive. (Example: C:\Video) Put the IP address of the PC (i.e. 192.168.1.101) or NAS into the camera as well as the folder name where it asks for Path (i.e. Video). When SMB/CIFS is enabled, the camera should record to that share until it is disabled.

Please reply and let us know if this helps and if you have any questions.

Hi mpyhala,

Tank you for tour help. I tra to use ftp motion and all wall done. After, i try to use smb to record; i hai Put the same vale of ma remote ftp. But noting . The same error. Its strange Because in i have the write and read permission usino ftp motion, Why didn't work with smb recording? Cold you help ?

Gold

Hi,

You cannot reach the "remote ftp" share using SMB/CIFS unless you have a VPN tunnel. Samba traffic will not pass over the public internet. Try using a local Samba server (Windows PC with a shared folder) and see if you can record.

Hi,

thank you for your continuos support. I need to register trowught the internet, so SMB/CIFS is no a right way for me.

Please could you help me to find a right cisco ip cam that could register on ftp?

Silver

HI,

When you say register on ftp; im taking that as being able to log into the ftp site. I know the PVC2300,VC220, and PVC300 all allows ftp site login.

hope this helps

Jasbryan

Gold

Hi Enzuccio82,

All of the Cisco Small Business cameras have the ability to send FTP alerts (About 5 seconds of video per motion detection alert). They do not record continuously to an FTP server. Normally the included AVMS software is the best way to record either locally or remotely. This of course requires that a PC be available to run the software.

If you want to record directly from the camera to a remote SMB/CIFS server, you will need to set up a VPN tunnel between the locations. You could place a WRV210 or RV120W router at each location and configure a site to site tunnel for example. Note that the camera will record 24/7 whether there is any activity or not using SMB/CIFS. You will need to monitor your storage space on the server so it doesn't fill up and stop recording eventually.

Please reply if you have any questions.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content