Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WVC210 saving the recording issue

I am a big fan of the WVC210 PTZ camera, but why do I have to reload the configuration onto the camera, everytime I want to save a recording of the video to my hard drive storage device. It will record every time I do this, but once I kill the session by ending the browser connection, I am not able to restart any recording. I am able to bring up the video and audio on IE 8 and do everything else, just not record. The red light comes on, but it doesn't send the data or open a new file on the hard drive. The funny thing is, the CD setup just uses the same old config everytime, so the configuration on the camera is not changing, just reloading.

Is this the only way to record data is reload the CD every time?

Thank You for any input on this.

• Small Business Surveillance
1 REPLY
Gold

WVC210 saving the recording issue

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting. I have not seen any reports of this lately but in March 2011 we had several customers report the same issue within a short time. I was under the assumption that a Windows update had caused the browser issue. Do you have a PC with IE9? If I recall the issue is with IE8 but some customers reported that IE8 recorded fine. Please see the following post:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3324143#3324143

Views
Helpful
Replies