Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WVC210 V1.1.1 - worked fine but now 'Video for other Platform/OS'

I've had this camera for 2-3 years and no problem - now when I connect i get a black screen with the error 'Video for other Platform/OS' instead of a picture.  Could this be an IE 11 problem?  I've been running win7 - dont know when it upgraded from IE10 to IE11

Is version 1.1.1 the latest for this camera?

Thanks!         

7 REPLIES
Gold

WVC210 V1.1.1 - worked fine but now 'Video for other Platform/OS

This solved the problem - even with IE 11 - thank you!!

Gold

Milt,

Thanks for the update!

- Marty

I have had the auto update

I have had the auto update box cleared and still when I opened IE today, 5-29-2014, instead of seeing my normal blank page I get some kind of one time welcome screen that I instantly navigated away from (control issues maybe).

To the point - Even after trying to slacken the IE active x settings and add the camera addresses to the compatibility view list (why is that not static ?!?) I get the video for other platform/os text on a grey screen. During my many attempts adding cameras to different internet zones and stuff, I did get a snap shot of the video to appear but no streaming video and some of the controls are missing.

The link to the solution has been edited and reflects that the user needed to revert back to IE 10.

So I'm looking for help so that I can continue to use my great WVC 210 cameras.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate by the way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gold

MilesDQ101, I don't have the

MilesDQ101,

I don't have the details in front of me at the moment but IE11 now has a feature called "Enterprise Mode". It basically mimics an older version of IE. I recommend that you look that up and try it, it worked for me on another camera system I have. I have not had any issues with the WVC210, although I have not used the web interface for a while.

- Marty

pressing F12 looks

OK, the one WVC200 is working with compatibility view and Enterprise Mode perfectly. As for the WVC210 cameras, well they work fine too. They are working in Enterprise Mode but it seems at this point in time that I need to go into setup and then Pan/Tilt and wait for the picture to appear. Then I go back using the Home Icon and all is well. Like the Pan/Tilt in setup grabs something and then the Home page is fine.

Marty,   thanks for the Enterprise Mode tip. Much appreciated.

Gold

MilesDQ101, Thank you for

MilesDQ101,

Thank you for confirming the resolution.

- Marty

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content