Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

WVC210 & WVC54GCA from the internet

I am using dyndns, a wrt610n router, and I am unable to access from the web/offsite.  Any ideas.... works great internally, but need screenshots, etc for dyndns usage... not interested in tzo

thank you...

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: WVC210 & WVC54GCA from the internet

You want to access the camera remotely?

Two ways to do this and I can help you.

But first, is this what you are asking?

Steve D

And you can remotely open the Router browser from the public internet, correct?

Then I would check ACLs to see if you are denying traffic.

Try from a PC in the same network as the camera to PING the remote client, from which you are trying to access the camera from?.

Try totally disabling the FW for a few minutes to see if something is blocking it....

Looks like the port forwarding is correct to me...

--------------

I just found this...

http://forums.linksys.com/linksys/board/message?board.id=Wireless_Routers&thread.id=117835

Hi Derek,

I think i spotted the problem. try the option called "single port forwarding" rather than port range forwarding.

Delete the port range forwarding entries  and then add single port forwarding entries.

regards Dave

Hi Derek,

I have checked out your screen captures and maybe noted a misconception regarding how single port forwarding works.

Single port forwarding does not  mean multiple port forwarding. I'll use the screen capture below as an to illustrate and example.

I have also attached the jpg in case you have difficulty in seeing the picture

SFP.JPG.

You will notice,  that will single port forwarding,  I have  have four fields.

1.  external port

2.  protocol  either TCP , UDP or both

3.  internal port.

4.  redirect to internal IP address

So to verbalize the statement shown in the screen capture.

If I was to direct traffic to the WAN IP interface from the internet using either TCP or UDP  with destination  port 1710 then redirect that traffic to internal IP address 192.168.1.99 but change the destination port number to port  80

There is no mention of ICMP (ping) in that statement, so pinging the WAN interface with port 1710 , just wont work. I noticed that in your screen captures.

In the example above, if I had a webserver at internal address 192.168.1.99,   it means that folks in the Internet could access the webserver with  the following URL http://ip>:1710

That domestic router  that you have would translate from TCP port 1710 to TCP port 80 and allow users to access the WEBserver at 192.168.1.99.

You will not be able to Ping  that internal IP address from the Internet, when using single port forwarding.

I also wonder what application you will use to view the cameras.

Please note that the Business series Camera WVC210 comes with absolutely fantastic free software, but there is not option to add the domestic camera WVC54GCA to that software.  You may be able to add the WVC210 camera to the software that comes with the WVC54GCA.

I would like the opportunity to discuss an options. When you have a few minutes  please use this community site to email me privately  your contact details..

regards Dave

13 REPLIES

You want to access the camera remotely?

Two ways to do this and I can help you.

But first, is this what you are asking?

Steve D

Yes, sorry should have been more clear....

I tried setting up a port forward, then typing in my name.dnsalias.org:port and it did not work, tried http ipchicken (what is my ip finder) : port and that did not work... and we have a w2k server....

Any help would be greatly appreciated....  it has been driving me batty (reading all the manuals etc, and nothing about using dyndns).....

WVC210 allows you to set an alternate port, (i use 1024, 1025, 1026 for cameras 1,2,3 ...etc), which you would forward in the Router FW to the Static NAT address of the camera (static is dependable).

Depending on the router, you may have to allow WAN requests.

Are you using SWVMS16 for this or just a browser?

Steve

P.S.

I cant speak to WVC54GCA as its not Cisco Small Business.....

yeah did all that (see attached) used the other end of the ports however...

What is your WAN router (Vendor/Model) ?

never mind...I just saw it in the picture.

Try a port lower than 65494 (even values only)

so I put it back to 1024 and tried that screen shots attached...

what is the remote webaddress that I use to acces the cameras:

oursite. dynalis. orgHost123.123.123.123

and then the port number?

here is another screen shot to show that it is working internally....

And you can remotely open the Router browser from the public internet, correct?

Then I would check ACLs to see if you are denying traffic.

Try from a PC in the same network as the camera to PING the remote client, from which you are trying to access the camera from?.

Try totally disabling the FW for a few minutes to see if something is blocking it....

Looks like the port forwarding is correct to me...

--------------

I just found this...

http://forums.linksys.com/linksys/board/message?board.id=Wireless_Routers&thread.id=117835

This was a great link, and got my hopes up.  However, I was still unable to access from outside/web with port forwarding, etc.  Also, accessing the ACL on the WRT610n is going to be kind of a challege is it not?  Attached is the result of my pings... notice also in the attachment, that I am able to access it internally through IE8... with correct ports...

Hi Derek,

I think i spotted the problem. try the option called "single port forwarding" rather than port range forwarding.

Delete the port range forwarding entries  and then add single port forwarding entries.

regards Dave

Dave (& Cisco),

You folks continue to be a blessing!  But, I regret to inform you that this change did not work either.

Screen shot 1 - shows both internal access, remotely attempt (from my home machine through web) with our dyndns address.

Screen shot 2 - "                                                "                                                                        with the actual ip address.

Screen shot 3 - shows internal successful ping to the dyndns address.  No internal web access using dyndns and still no webaccess other than internal ip (which includes web access - no software etc).  LSS (I can access internally both through ip and webaccess but not outside.

What other items do you need to assist?

Hi Derek,

I have checked out your screen captures and maybe noted a misconception regarding how single port forwarding works.

Single port forwarding does not  mean multiple port forwarding. I'll use the screen capture below as an to illustrate and example.

I have also attached the jpg in case you have difficulty in seeing the picture

SFP.JPG.

You will notice,  that will single port forwarding,  I have  have four fields.

1.  external port

2.  protocol  either TCP , UDP or both

3.  internal port.

4.  redirect to internal IP address

So to verbalize the statement shown in the screen capture.

If I was to direct traffic to the WAN IP interface from the internet using either TCP or UDP  with destination  port 1710 then redirect that traffic to internal IP address 192.168.1.99 but change the destination port number to port  80

There is no mention of ICMP (ping) in that statement, so pinging the WAN interface with port 1710 , just wont work. I noticed that in your screen captures.

In the example above, if I had a webserver at internal address 192.168.1.99,   it means that folks in the Internet could access the webserver with  the following URL http://ip>:1710

That domestic router  that you have would translate from TCP port 1710 to TCP port 80 and allow users to access the WEBserver at 192.168.1.99.

You will not be able to Ping  that internal IP address from the Internet, when using single port forwarding.

I also wonder what application you will use to view the cameras.

Please note that the Business series Camera WVC210 comes with absolutely fantastic free software, but there is not option to add the domestic camera WVC54GCA to that software.  You may be able to add the WVC210 camera to the software that comes with the WVC54GCA.

I would like the opportunity to discuss an options. When you have a few minutes  please use this community site to email me privately  your contact details..

regards Dave

Dave, thanks for your help yesterday and I have them up and running from the web!  I am going to try to other 'tweak' you and i discussed using the 'console' to pull in multiple cameras.

Thanks a bunch... you are my hero!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content