Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WVC2300 on UC500 Wireless

We have the SBCS / UC500 16-user with built-in wireless set up in our office.  The voice VLAN has wireless encrypted with WEP and the data VLAN encrpted WPA-PSK (TKIP).  For some reason, it won't let me set up WEP on both VLANs.  Anyway, I'm trying to set up a WVC2300 camera on the data wireless VLAN.  The camera works fine when plugged into the network, but I cannot get it to connect via wireless.  On the camera web-interface setup, I put in the SSID and set the security as WPA2 (Personal), which came up with TKIP encryption, and put in my passkey.  I followed the instructions to disconnect power, unplug the ethernet cable, and reconnect power, but after 10 minutes, it still would not connect wirelessly, even when less than 3 feet away.

So what am I doing wrong?

Richard Wood

Preferred Communications

Butner, NC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: WVC2300 on UC500 Wireless

Richard,

It seems you you've configured everything correctly to me.  I've got two WVC2300s connecting wirelessly to my UC520 and it works fine.  I'm using WPA/WPA2 Personal with PSK however.  Have you attempted connection with that security setting?  Also what version of Firmware are you running on the WVC2300?  Mine is 1.0.1.

Regards,

Glenn

7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Richard,

It seems you you've configured everything correctly to me.  I've got two WVC2300s connecting wirelessly to my UC520 and it works fine.  I'm using WPA/WPA2 Personal with PSK however.  Have you attempted connection with that security setting?  Also what version of Firmware are you running on the WVC2300?  Mine is 1.0.1.

Regards,

Glenn

Glenn;

Thanks for your reply.  I'm running firmware 1.0.0, but I'll upgrade it and see what happens.

As for my connection, I have two laptops connecting wirelessly using those settings in my previous post.  I'm not sure why the camera will not connect.  It seems that when I change from DHCP to static, or change the IP address, I lose my wired connection to the camera as well.

Thanks;

Richard

Glenn;

It seems that upgrading the firmware solved all the issues I was having.  Thanks for your help.

Richard

Glad to hear Richard.  That FW also allows the camera to be monitored from SWVMS16 (free utility) for the Small Business Cameras like yours.

Is there a limit to the number of users that can connect if the camera is operating on wireless?  It seems that I cannot log on the camera's web interface or with the monitoring software on a second computer if the camera is connected into the wireless network.  If I have a wired connection, both cameras connect just fine.

Thanks;

Richard

hi Richard,

It's a wireless G camera, that could normally support about concurrent 10 streaming sessions.

Depending frame rate and image  quality settings, and the number of concurrent wireless users, you will loose packets if you approach ten concurrent streams. .

Okay, I understand that part.  So far, I've only been able to get one computer to pull up the web interface and monitoring software when the camera is connected on the wireless network, and it's generally the computer I've used to set up the camera.  When the camera is wired into the network, I was able use multiple computers to connect via the web interface and monitoring software.

I don't think I'm missing anything here, but this particular camera as been a little diffcult in trying to run the wireless.

Richard

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content