cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8 port SG100D-08 gigabit switch

tsg200001
Level 1
Level 1

I an having problems with this switch.  It is directly connected to an Cisco ASA 5005 device.   Whenever this switch is connected to the ASA it totally slows down the internet download speed I am supposed to be getting frrom my service provider.  I am supposed to be getting 100MB download from Charter but with this switch attached I am barely getting 10% of that.  When I remove the switch from the enitre configuration, I get the speeds that were promised from Charter.  Is there something wrong with the switch (do I need to update the firrmware?) or do I need to go to a managed switch to get the throughput I want?

2 Replies 2

Hi tsg200001, you may want to check if there is a bottle neck in the connection that is causing the issue. it would be best to get a managed switch that would help you with the throughput that you want for options or recommendation please send me an email at fguasque@cisco.com so we can assist you further. hope to hear from you soon!

bsiapco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi tsg200001,

Have you already solved the issue with your current switch or decided to get a new and  managed switch?

If you have any concerns please send me an email at (bsiapco@cisco.com) so we can assist you further.

Thanks!

Barry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X