Views
Helpful
Replies

Accounting on a Cisco Small Business SF300-08

laurentfr63
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

The "Cisco Small Business 300 Series Managed Switches Administration Guide" and the data sheet indicate that this switch can do accounting requests with a Radius server. On the SF300 switch interface/CLI, there is only the authentication port, the accounting port can not be set (and nothing is sent by the switch to the default port). I suppose that the SF300-08 does not handle accounting. Maybe I have to change for another model. Could you give me another model in the same range price ?

Thanks,

Laurent.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Laurent, I am pleased the 1.2.5.70 has resolved this issue.

Please keep advisory the 1.2.5.70 firmware has also been pulled for now.

Pease note we have identified a potential issue with the 1.2.5.70 update for the Series 200, 300, and 500 switches. As a precautionary measure, we have taken down the 1.2.5.70 release while we determine the cause of the issue, severity, and scope. We will either re-post the release or post an updated version depending on the outcome of our analysis.

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

laurentfr63
Level 1
Level 1

For those interested, it is not possible to do accounting with the 1.1.1.8 SF300-08 firmware. After upgrading to

1.2.5.70, aaa accounting is available.

Hello Laurent, I am pleased the 1.2.5.70 has resolved this issue.

Please keep advisory the 1.2.5.70 firmware has also been pulled for now.

Pease note we have identified a potential issue with the 1.2.5.70 update for the Series 200, 300, and 500 switches. As a precautionary measure, we have taken down the 1.2.5.70 release while we determine the cause of the issue, severity, and scope. We will either re-post the release or post an updated version depending on the outcome of our analysis.

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, post in "Small business, switches". You can move your post using the actions panel on the right.

Thank you for your advices !