Views
Helpful
Replies

ACL binding problem

hrdlicka_praha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm facing a problem with ACL binding on SRW224G4 and SRW248G4. I've got one MAC based ACL where I want to add or delete a MAC from time to time, bind the ACL back to appropriate ports and save settings. During this step I receive an error message  almost everytime:

"Line No.: 1, Error type: null, Value: Unknown value, Diagnostic: Exceeded the maximum ACE allowed in the system..."

Only thing I can do if I want to get it working again is restart of the switch. I've read somewhere it should be solved by latest firmware ver. 1.2.3, but the problem still persists after its installation.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Petr

5 Replies 5

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

Hey petr, I have some questions about your setup?  How many rules are you running on the srw switches?

When you upgraded the firmware on the switches, did you try factory resetting the devices and either reloading the configuration or manually reconfiguring the switches?

Hi,

1] there's just one rule configured on the switches

2] no, I didn't try to do factory reset followed by restore of configuration

Petr

Try the factory reset/ reload configurations on the switch and see if that alleviates the error message.  I know as a best practice after a firmware upgrade I do the factory reset and reload the configurations, may not be necessary in all devices but i choose to do that with all upgrades i do.  Try this and let me know how it goes.

Even if I was sceptic about this kind of solution, I gave it a chance on yesterday evening, but the final result is still the same.  First two attempts (unbind ports from ACL, add a MAC to ACL, bind ports back to ACL) were fine, but on the third one (bind ports back to ACL a save settings) I got the same error message as before. There's no chance to bind ports back to ACL now, so I have to reset the switch again in the evening.

Mr. Praha, could you give our support center a call in your local area.  Attached is a list of our support centers.  Give them a call so we can get this resolved for you.   http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html