Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Advice on picking switches

Morning all,

I am trying to upgrade my network in the office and could use some advice on equipment any help would be greatly appreciated, I tried using the "live chat" but the person seem more interested in my personal information than actual network requirements so i thought i would try these forms.

The end goal for the network is a simple layout in my opinion, i have a 3 floor office and on each floor need a minimum of 48 ports i am planning of adding a few wireless access points and think i have settled with the Aironet 1040 series so i thought PoE switches would be great. On top of that i will end up having a few vlans for servers,guests, etc so i will need something to do the routing.

I after reading through the available switches the SG300 seemed like a nice choice and met the requirements but there are 15 models to choose from and 48 port 10/100/1000 with PoE is not a choice? or it is hiding from the website? It seems odd that the 200 would come with 48 port 1GB PoE but not the 300? What would be the next best option? or do i by 6 switches x 24 port? A friend suggested just going with 10/100 catalyst and not worrying about the wirless N speed which seems kind of counter productive in my opinion.

Again any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content