Views
Helpful
Replies

Autoreboot SG300 ?

phcjpp123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I am using around 5 sg300's with a lot of Crestron AV kit / touchscreens. About once every couple of months the touchscreens all stop responding. We have found that a reboot of the Cisco switch attached to the touchscreens brings everything back to life. This has happened more than once. It will be pretty impossible to find out what is actually causing the issue but i was wondering if there is a way to get the switches to reboot every Sunday night (say) to try and avoid this in the future. No ideal I know but better than nothing.

Cheers

Chris

2 Replies 2

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Chris,

Please make sure you have updated firmware on these switches, also factory default the switches after upgrade and reconfigure - if you haven't done so. This should fix your problem.

If you're currently running on 1.1.2.0 and factory defaulted the switch and still seeing this problem then please give Cisco Small Business Support Center a call and open a support case.

Jasbryan

Thanks Jasbryan,

If i may ask - was your answer a generic one (make sure you have the latest firmware etc.) or did you recognise something in my symptoms that was fixed between 1.1.1.8 and 1.1.2.0 ? I tried looking at the release notes for the firmware but it was not obvious what had changed.

Regards

Chris