Views
Helpful
Replies

Bussy SRW2048

ivarsroga
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I have SRW2048 worked for a week. Yesterday it starts to drop packets and giving long pings.

There are problems to connect to web GUI as well. Ones it answered and switch showed 100% CPU utilisation.

After disconnecting every cable exept same problem.

After reseting to default setings in Console and rebooting same situation - Minimum ping 4ms, Maximum 4345ms, Average ping 656ms.

Firmware 1.2.2d

Is there something to do or only way is just send it back to CISCO as functionally defective product?

5 Replies 5

riroe
Level 3
Level 3

I would suggest that you call our Cisco Small Business Support Center (1-866-606-1866) and open up a case so that

we can troubleshoot with you your problem. We will need the serial number of the device to check entitlement.

THANKS

i have the same problem from yesterday ! Disconnect every cable and reconnect but the problem persists !The web UI don't download the interface for managment..

I would definitely call the Support Center (1-866-606-1866) and open up a case so that we can troubleshoot

with you to determine if the switch has a hardware problem.

THANKS

Hello @all & sorry for my bad English !

We have exactly the SAME Problem.

We have 2(!) SRW2048 that are extremly slowly in the Response time (PING) av. 1200 - 3500ms !!

And we have to restart every Week the Switches because the traffic come very slow after a while (3-4 Days)

I Called Cisco Support and the Answer was : Send The Switches back for a Change !

COOL Mister Cisco Support ! and what we do in these time without switches ???

Seems to be a Problem with the SRW2048 Series ....

Any Idea ??

Our Actions was: Reset, Factory Reset, Work with Factory Standart, FW Upgrade to 1.2.2d... nothing Helps !

Based on what your describing, it sounds like a loop is not detected in your network and spanning tree is not running.  The reason i say this, if there is a broadcast storm it will deplete your bandwidth over a period of a day or a couple of days making everything go to a crawl.  When you say you reboot the switches and everything works, it is clearing out the mac tables and starting over.  I would look into your network for any duplicate cables setup between switches and verify that spanning tree is enabled.  If that is the case, i would look for possibly a squeeling nic or something on the network that is wrecking havoc.  Hope this helps, just my thoughts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X