cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CATALYST 2950 SERIES - CLEAR OPT TABLE & DISABLE CASH

arrowext289
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 cisco switches model - catalyst 2950 series, i recently had an network issue regarding an ip conflict with one of my member servers, after being on the phone with microsoft support for 6 days, we were able to resolve the problem by locating the correct mac address and clearing the "OPT table on the switches" by unplugging and replugging the power cord. In order to prevent this from happening again, Microsoft had asked me to contact cisco and ask the following questions, " Are these swiches managable via the gui?  and we also need to make sure that the "Arp Cash is disabled on the switches" can anyone help in this matter?  Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

cindy toy
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Arrowext289,

Thank you for your question.  However the Small Business Support Community is limited to Cisco Small Business Products.

Your question below relates to a Cisco Classic Product which our community would not be able to help you with.

The best area for you to post your question would be at the Cisco NetPro forums switching area located here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/network-infrastructure/switching

Best regards,

Cindy

Cindy Toy

Small Business Community Manager

Customer Advocacy

Cisco Systems, Inc.

www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X