cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CE500 with Zultys phones

satkinson2
Level 1
Level 1

My company is replacing old Cisco phones with Zultys phones. The phones are connected to a CE500 switch. The switch has a data and phone vlan set up with the smart port set to "PC+IP phone". Inter-VLAN routing is set on a Cisco router, and DHCP is configured on the router. Option 66 is configured on both the data and phone DHCP pools; however, the phones are not receiving the tftp address when plugged in. In fact, when plugged into the CE500, the phones are receiving an address on the data vlan, not the phone vlan. We can manually tell the phones where to go and get config, but this isn't entirely scalable. Does anyone know if the CE500 is preventing the transfer of option 66?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Open a webbrowser: Http://(IP address of switch)/configure Enter conf t (enter) Look through the commando. Or enter Lldp run Regards, Marcel

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

A quick Google search tells me the Zultys phones support LLDP instead of CDP. These protocols tell the ip phone which vlan is the voice vlan. I might bewrong but the CE500 does not support LLDP.

Better look for a new switch also. The 200 and 300 series switches are good replacements for the aging CE500.

Regards,

Thank you, Marcel. I also suspect that the CE500 doesn't support LLDP, but I am having difficulty finding documentation to confirm this.

Open a webbrowser: Http://(IP address of switch)/configure Enter conf t (enter) Look through the commando. Or enter Lldp run Regards, Marcel

Thank you, Marcel. I was able to tftp the config, edit it, and tftp back into running-config and write to startup. There was a lot of trial-and-error, but I was eventually able to tear down the built-in config enough to turn it into what I think will work. However, it was then decided to just replace the switch. At least I was able play with it for a while.

Regards,

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X