Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 1941 DHCP Server > Cisco SG300-10 DHCP Relay

Hello all,

Looking for some help setting up a 1941 router as a DHCP server to a Cisco SG300-10 with DHCP Relay enabled.

Rather than setting this up as a router on a stick, I would like the SG300 to handle inter-vlan routing.

I will have 6 VLANS on the SG300-10 and would like at least 2 of them(if not all) to be able to get addresses from the 1941.

The 1941 will simply act as an internet gateway.

What I am struggling with is how to configure the 1941 so that it will serve DHCP for multple VLANS on the SG300, and what kind of connection to set up between it and the SG300.

Thanks in advance for your comments/support.

1 REPLY
Silver

Cisco 1941 DHCP Server > Cisco SG300-10 DHCP Relay

Tom,

first you might want to post your question over on enterprise small business router forum for the 1941router. I have never seen someone set up a router for multiple dhcp scopes and have another layer 3 device send it broadcasts dhcp request. Normally we have a DHCP server like Microsoft setup for multiple scopes. When we have Microsoft setup the port is just an access port and only part of one vlan. Then of course we have DHCP relay setup on the SG300 switch forwarding all request to our DHCP server. Now you'll need a default route sending all traffic to the 1941 router. The port connecting the 1941 will also be Access and 1 vlan only.You'll need static routes back to all subnet's on SG300 in the 1941. Again i don't think you'll be able to get the 1941 to be only DHCP server for other scopes but we don't support that router under this section of the forum so please repost that question over under enterprise small business routers.

Jasbryan

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content