Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco sf300 Problem voice vlan

Or, please, I need help on how to configure a cisco sf300 with regard to voice vlan, I have studied ccna and I see that the commands are different in this line of switches, I am used to using the cli for its flexibility, as I should proceed. According to what I have seen in other pages, ports are defined here as voice tagging and not tagging for data in trunk mode, which puts me in the forefront of what I learned in ccna ... any help would be appreciated

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul,

Hi Paul,

You can configure voice vlan easily by using the GUI mode of the switch. The switch works with default IP address as 192.168.1.254. Please assign a static IP address to your laptop in the same range and type the default IP address of the switch in any browser. The GUI of the switch will be accessible.

Now follow the steps given below to configure voice vlan :

Step 1. Log into to the web configuration utility and choose VLAN Management > Voice VLAN > Properties.

Step 2. In the Voice VLAN ID field, enter a VLAN ID assigned to the Voice VLAN.

Step 3. In the Remark CoS/802.1p drop-down list, choose a Class of Service ID. This ID tells the Link Layer Discovery Protocol Media Endpoint Discovery protocol (LLDP-MED) which CoS/802.1p network policy to be used for the voice VLAN.

Step 4. In the DSCP drop-down list, choose a Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) ID number for the LLDP. This value tells LLDP-MED which DSCP to use as a voice network policy.

Step 5.  In the Dynamic Voice VLAN Settings area, select enable auto voice vlan.

Step 7. Click Apply to save changes or Cancel to discard them.

Now after configuring voice vlan you need to assign ports to this vlan. All the ports you need to assign to voice vlan should be tagged in that particular vlan.

For eg: You have created voice vlan 2 and you need to assign that vlan to port 10. Than it should be 2T on port 10.

Note: Does't matter the port is an access port or trunk port. It will not create much effect.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content