Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SF302-08P (SRW208P-K9-NA) Support for Cisco IP 7942 Phones

RevereORL_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am looking at quoting the SF302-08P for a client which will have three small offices interconnected via single mode fiber. I am planning on connecting them to a 3560 switch. Each office will have no more than 3 - 7942 phones. I reviewed the notes on this switch and it seems it should support this phone type without any issues. Could you advise if you have run into any support/reliability issues with this switch and the 7942s?

Thank You,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi RevereORL,

My concern is there are;

• slight nuances or differences between the CLI configuration on the SG300 compared to the Catalyst range.
  • I am also very very slightly concerned about post sales support interaction between TAC and SBSC, but these days there is much more cross talking between these two support groups.
  • Different SFP SKU's for fiber connectivity GLC- series for catalyst and MGB series on 300, even though I have no issue with plugging the GLC SKU's into my 300 series product.

The SF302-8P has a POE budget defined as 62W across all 8 ports or 62watts / 8 ports= 7.75 approx watts that can be drawn from each port.

With the software upgrade to 1.1.1.8 the 300 series now also supports pre-standard POE as well as the 802.3af, power should not be a issue..

I guess the beauty of buying from a distributor, and keeping the packaging, is that your can validate your application.

Give it a try,.

regards Dave

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi RevereORL,

My concern is there are;

• slight nuances or differences between the CLI configuration on the SG300 compared to the Catalyst range.
  • I am also very very slightly concerned about post sales support interaction between TAC and SBSC, but these days there is much more cross talking between these two support groups.
  • Different SFP SKU's for fiber connectivity GLC- series for catalyst and MGB series on 300, even though I have no issue with plugging the GLC SKU's into my 300 series product.

The SF302-8P has a POE budget defined as 62W across all 8 ports or 62watts / 8 ports= 7.75 approx watts that can be drawn from each port.

With the software upgrade to 1.1.1.8 the 300 series now also supports pre-standard POE as well as the 802.3af, power should not be a issue..

I guess the beauty of buying from a distributor, and keeping the packaging, is that your can validate your application.

Give it a try,.

regards Dave

Thanks David for your feedback. I was also thinking about quoting the 3560s for this client. I am going to present the client with both options and let him decide which one better meets his needs.

Thank you,

Gerson

Hi Gerson,

I like your direction, give people the freedon to make up their own mind.  Hopefully they know the pro- and cons of both solutions.

Love it.

regards Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X