Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SFE2010P - switch to the usual CLI

svp belgium
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Just a quick question to know if there is a way to access the usual command line interface instead of using the GUI or Telnet/SSH interfaces on the Cisco Small Business SFE2010P switch? Note that the console port is not working at the moment...

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Telnet 192.168.1.254

This is the defalut ip of the switch try this and let me know.

The switch also can be configured through a telnet connection. Telnet to the switch IP

address 192.168.1.254. Then, press the Enter key. The default logon ID is admin with a blank

password.

http://belkashop.com.ua/products_files/SFE2010_AG_A_Web.pdf

Regards

please rate if it helps.

Thanks but :

Actually the switch is already configured with a new IP and functional but I just wanted to know if there is a way to use the old command line interface instead of the GUI(quite boring for me) or the telnet interface(quite limited) ?

Thanks in advance.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, post in "small business - switches". You can move your post using the actions panel on the right.

Hi,

This switch has a text view cli, I assume this is what you are referring to as quite boring. If you are unable to connect to the switch via on console port, please make sure you are trying the console with a baud rate of 115200.

You may be able to access a "hidden" cli depending on hardware & firmware version of the switch:

To access the CLI, go to the entry page of the menu based console, then press Ctrl+Z and type lcli. You will need to enter your login credentials again, after that you will arrive in the CLI.

Best,

David

Please remember to rate helpful resonses and identify correct answers.