interface gigabitethernet25

switchport trunk allowed vlan add 100-101,201-202

!

interface gigabitethernet26

switchport trunk allowed vlan add 100-101,201-202

!

exit

ip default-gateway 10.0.4.1

But switch cannot ping 10.0.4.1. And all devices from vlan2 cannot ping it too, but when I connect to gi1, I can ping switch and cannot ping another devices in vlan 2. If I connect to gi24 and try to ping any device from vlan2 it will works (for testing I've turn on data forwarding between vlan101 and 2).

When I change default vlan to 1 and binds gi2 (access port) to vlan2, and added vlan2 to trunk ports (gi25,gi26)  it will works! And I can ping any devices from vlan2.

I think I've found bug in firmware.

2 Replies 2

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Roman, this switch is a layer 2 device meaning it cannot and will not route IP connectivity. This would be decided by your router.

So if you connect Host A to VLAN 1 that Host A will only communicate to device in the VLAN 1 so long as it follows a correct IP schema. Conversely if you connect Host B in to VLAN 2, Host B will only communicate to devices in VLAN 2 that follow the same IP schema. Host A and Host B will never communicate to each other due to different VLAN and different IP subnet.

To make these VLAN communicate, your router device must support either the VLAN trunk carrying both VLAN to send response back OR a static route to forward the request to the "unknown subnet".

Lastly, there is port based VLAN. Essentially this means assign a host to a specific untagged VLAN then make trunk links with multiple untagged members. This will permit intervlan communication as well.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Thanks for answer. I've solve my problem. As someone say: "The devil is in the details".

!

interface gigabitethernet25

switchport trunk allowed vlan add 100,201-202

switchport default-vlan tagged

!

After that my switch stay available from vlan2.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X