Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SG200-26P No Fiber Connection

terrytusvi
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day,

I recently obtained two SG200-26P switches for a small business that has offices in a two building campus. Fiber optic cable (62.5/125 micron multimode) connects these offices at a distance of about 125 feet. We are using GBIC Model MGBSX1 to connect both switches.

To date, I have not been successful in getting the switches to talk via the fiber connection. In the administrator's guide, it says that I should be able to go into the port configuration screen and change settings. For ports GE25 and GE26, the Port Type is listed as ComboC and I cannot change it to ComboF as outlines in the guide.

I am seeking guidance on this. Why can't I change the port type? Can it in fact be changed?

Thanks for your time and attention.

2 Replies 2

ghostinthenet
Level 7
Level 7

Do you have anything plugged into the copper interfaces of GE25 and GE26? If so, the SFP interfaces may not become active.

No, nothing is plugged into the copper interfaces.  The web management tool does not show the connections as being fiber enabled however. I would have to make a screenshot to show you and I am currently not at the device to do so.

Thanks for the response.