Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Small Business 500 Series Switches

Dear Friends

I wish you are fine .......... Kindly i have a question regarding Cisco Small Business 500 Series Switches ....... This series has reset button in the front panel ...... This button can be used to manually restart the switch or restore factort defaults configuration

Is their any way to disable the functionality of this button ???? The reason for that , I have a customer that will put the switch in unsafe & unsecure place and doesn't need any one to restore default configuration of the switch by mistake or on purpose

Waiting for your feedback

Best Regards

4 Replies 4

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ahmed, there is not an option to disable this button. If it is absolutely impossible to lock the switch somewhere secure I'd recommend to use some tape and put over the button or secure something over the button so it's not easily tampered.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Dear Tom

Thanks for your replay

Best Regards

briangroper
Level 1
Level 1

If you're happy to void any warranty, it might be possible to pull up the hood and cut some wires to that button ?

(Don't try this at home without adult supervision.)

HTH

Dear Brian

Thanks for your replay

Best Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X