cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Small Business Switches - access list not working over aggregated link (LACP)

jan.maly1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I cannot figure this out, hope that some one here will know what the issue could be. We have bought new Cisco switches SG500X small business line, we have two core switches SG500XG-8F8T 16-Port build as stack and SG500X-48P 48-Port Gigabit with 4-Port 10-Gigabit connected to this stack. I have created an aggregated link between these two switches, two links aggregated together using LACP (mode auto). My config is as following and is identical on both switches (Stack and 48P switch), please see the picture in the attachment.

interface Port-channel1
description Trunk_to_10.5.100.33_Ports_XG1&2
switchport trunk allowed vlan add 10,60,100
switchport trunk native vlan 105

interface tengigabitethernet1/2/14
description Trunk_to_10.5.100.33_Port_XG1/1/1
channel-group 1 mode auto

interface tengigabitethernet2/2/14
description Trunk_to_10.5.100.33_Port_XG1/1/2
channel-group 1 mode auto

Access List applied to interface vlan on core stack:

interface vlan 60
ip address 10.5.60.1 255.255.255.0
service-acl input AccessList_Vlan60

When I create access list for certain vlan interface on our core stack and connect my laptop to 48P switch to test the access list, it just completely ignores the access list like there would be no tagging, basically it allows you to go anywhere in that vlan. If i create simple trunk between the stack and 48P switch, port to port, no aggregation, the access list is applied just fine and all is working.

Any one seen this before? I have always dealt with Catalyst switches where I have used PagP and that was working OK every time.

Thank you for help

Jan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michal Bruncko
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Jan

seems that here is discussed similar topic to yours. what you can do to reproduce the issue is to change IP address on your laptop with 1 (to change from odd to even number or vice-versa). if you are allowed with current IP, then you should get denied with changed IP address. 

and at the end if you confirm same behavior, then I strongly recommend you to open service request to Support - Small Business Support Center (SBSC in order to get this bug resolved.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Michal Bruncko
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Jan

seems that here is discussed similar topic to yours. what you can do to reproduce the issue is to change IP address on your laptop with 1 (to change from odd to even number or vice-versa). if you are allowed with current IP, then you should get denied with changed IP address. 

and at the end if you confirm same behavior, then I strongly recommend you to open service request to Support - Small Business Support Center (SBSC in order to get this bug resolved.

Hello Michal,

Thank you very much for your reply. It seems to be the issue!

I would never believe there could be such a bug, just went to try it, picked one website, it worked with odd IP but didn't with even IP. I tried few others kept changing IPs and i have to say its pretty unreliable.

I have the latest firmware on all equipment and this is quite problem for us as we have no redundancy when we are forced to use just simple trunk. We need to have access lists implemented.

Thank you for answering my question

Kind Regards,

Jan

just for your info: I get cross all SG500 bugs and I haven't found any bug related to this issue (LAG, VLAN ACL) so the best would be to report this in order to get TAC aware about this issue.

Will do.

Thank you for your help.

Jan

me too

just in case somebody stumbles over this, I have created a service request 684517426 

I worked with the support team and it is a confirmed bug.

The id is  CSCvj91570

for those with access, you can look it up and follow it here

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvj91570

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X