Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure a Cisco SG300-10

nnguyen02
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a Cisco SG300-10 which I want to use for 2 subnets 10.0.1.0/24 and 10.0.3.0/24.  I need to configure to route one public IP 12.12.147.123 to a local server at 10.0.1.254 and another public IP 12.12.34.456 to another server at 10.0.3.254.  Could someone show me how to do this?  Thank you for your help.

1 Reply 1

chrebert
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I believe you are describing a situation where you want to NAT the traffic from two different public IPs to two different servers.  For that you would need a router that can do either port forwarding or one-to-one NAT.  The switch is able to do some layer 3 routing, but isn't really meant to be on the edge, and cannot do NAT translations between public and private addresses. You also won't have a firewall with just a switch.

I would recommend the RV180W, but it looks like your two WAN IPs may be in different subnets, and that usually causes issues with port forwarding or one-to-one NAT for alternate WAN IPs.

Since you want to use two different subnets make sure the router you get is VLAN capable, so you can setup a trunk link to the SG300.  

Thank you for choosing Cisco,

Christopher Ebert

--

Network Support Engineer - Cisco Small Business Support Center