Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Configure DHCP on VLAN

Do anyone knows if DHCP can be configure on VLAN?

3 REPLIES

Re: Configure DHCP on VLAN

I may need more detail to accurately answer your question but I believe you are asking whether or not you can configure a specific DHCP pool for each VLAN and the answer is yes...but, it depends on the devices involved in your network.

Is there a specific device you are curious about or were you wanting to know if it is even possible in the first place?

Thanks for the reply. I will be working Cisco 2960 & 3560 switches. The 3560 will be the core switches and the 2960 will hang off it. I will also configure the 3560 switches with HSRP for redundancy. I would like to configure specific DHCP pool for the created VLAN's. Do you knows the commands for creating DHCP pool for VLAN's. I have the commands for creating DHCP pool but not for VLAN's. Thanks in advance.

Bronze

Hello and good evening,

You create a DHCP scope on a 3560 just like any other IOS DHCP configs ...here is a sample config:

interface vlan 1

ip add 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.0

interface vlan 2

ip address  2.2.2.1 255.255.255.0

ip dhcp excluded-address 1.1.1.1 1.1.1.10

ip dhcp excluded-address 2.2.2.1 2.2.2.10
!
ip dhcp pool vlan1
   network 1.1.1.0 255.255.255.0
   domain-name cisco.com
   dns-server 4.4.4.2 4.4.4.1
   default-router 1.1.1.1

lease 3

!

ip dhcp pool vlan2
    network 2.2.2.0 255.255.255.0
    domain-name cisco.com
    dns-server 4.4.4.2 4.4.4.1
    default-router 2.2.2.1

lease 3

!

Here is the link for configuring IOS DHCP services:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipaddr/configuration/guide/iad_dhcp_svr_cfg_ps6441_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

Your proposed design is a good one, and you have obviously done your homework!  A nice design!

I would say however, that this community is really more for Cisco Small Business products and your question is in reference to a Cisco traditional products.  I believe you will have a better experience by posting your question in the Cisco NetPro forums located here: http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=main 

That forum has subject matter experts on Cisco traditional products that may be able to answer your question. 

HTH,

Andrew Lee Lissitz

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content