Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure SG300 to work like an unmanaged switch

thomasreus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

How do i have to configure the SG300 so that it acts like any other completely unmanaged Switch. 

I dont want to configure any vlans on the sg300. It should just work like there wouldnt be a sg300, but an unmanaged switch.

The story behind:

I want to use a SG300-28P as POE-Switch for FortiAP-Access Points, but it doesnt work out of the box cause FortiAP receives and sends some tagged and untagged VLAN-traffic.

Everything works, if i use a cheaper, unmanaged POE-Switch, but i cant get it to work if i use a SG300.

Thanks for any help.

Tom

5 Replies 5

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

I would try disabling CDP, LLDP and auto smart ports.  All are enabled by default I think.

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

Thanks for your help. After disabling CDP and LLDP it started working.

Thanks for following up.  Good to know that worked.

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

davec
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the exact same issue (except with Meraki APs).

Out of the box, I disabled LLDP, CDP, and Smartport, but I'm not having the success that you had.

Anything else I need to do? Set the ports to General instead of Trunk?

I reset the switch to Factory Defaults.

Disabled LLDP, CDP and Smartport.

My FortiAPs will connect to the internet (FortiAPCloud), but they will not hand out an IP to any of the SSIDs.

The FortiAPs I have behind my Fortiswitch work flawlessly. The FortiAPs also work connected to an umanaged non-poe switch using a POE injector. I'm about to tear my hair out or just buy a dumb unmanaged POE switch.