cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

connecting two sg300-52 52-port managed switch with cat 6 cable

timotech01
Level 1
Level 1

Good day, Please we have two sg300-52 52-port managed switches and we link the two with a cat6 cable, but no connection, if connected with a smaller 10/100mbps switch, there is connection, but if connected to each other, no connection. Please what can i do

3 Replies 3

Aleksandra Dargiel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi timotech01,

Please ensure both switches are running latest firmware an boot code:

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283019669&softwareid=282463181&release=1.4.0.88&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Note that boot code can be uploaded only using tftp.

the next step would be to set fixed speed and duplex on both ends to exclude autonegotiation. 

It is good practice to check counters on corresponding ports to verify if there is no unidirectional connection only for some reason.

You might also contact Support Team so they can assist you:

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283019669&softwareid=282463181&release=1.4.0.88&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Regards,

Aleksandra

Thanks Aleksandra,

But i don't think software upgrade should not make them negotiate, but i think i will try removing the autonegotiate and see what happens.

Thanks

Tim

Hi Tim,

it is a good practice to do any tests with latest firmware and boot code. There were many changes and features added to those switches during those 4 years. Some of them very important.

Aleksandra

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X