Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Copying Config between SF300 switches

Hi

I need to install a number of SF300 switches as a result of large office expansion. I've tested copying Configuration File by setting up one switch, doing a "Backup" of the config file and then on the next switch doing a Download of the file after I've edittied the static IP for VLAN1 and it all seemed to work ok, though I've not yet done the actual installation. Is there anything else I need to worry about?

The configuration file contains information about the Public and Private SSH Keys - should this be copied between switches or is it particular to each switch so copying would cause a problem sometime later. We don't use SSH to access the switches currently, but I wouldn't like to create a problem later on.

Many thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Copying Config between SF300 switches

Hello Neil,

I think the backup of SSH keys will not work on another switch. You may have to generate the keys again for each switch.

Thanks,

Vijay

Hi Vijay

It makes sense that these keys are specific to the original switch. Would I be better/safer removing the SSH keys section from the config file before I copy it to another switch?

Thanks for your help.

Neil

Bronze

No. You don't have to do that. As you are regenerating anyway, it makes no difference.

Thanks

Vijay

Please rate the answers

Views
Helpful
Replies