Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP Relay Cisco SG500X

victor.adsuar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I've create 2 vlan in a cisco SG500X-24 and a DHCP server on vlan 2. I just want to dhcp server assign ip to devices on vlan 3. I've configured the vlan and dhcp server relay commands.

ip dhcp relay address 192.168.1.11
ip dhcp relay enable

ip dhcp information option

interface vlan 2                                      
 ip address 192.168.1.250 255.255.255.0

interface vlan 3
 ip address 192.168.51.254 255.255.255.0
 ip dhcp relay enable

The dhcp server gets the request from pc, and sends a new address, but the offer packet not comes to device. With Wireshark a see like offer dhcp packet can't jump to vlan 3.

It's the first time a work with SMB series, and this never happens with catalyst. I'm turning crazy.

Anyone can help me? Thank you in advances.

Victor.

2 Replies 2

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, did you also configure the DHCP relay on the switch interface? I see you have global option set but I don't see port configuration done.

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hi,

Yes, also I configured ip dhcp relay on intefaces.

Yesterday I found the trouble. I was using the tftpd32 dhcp server, and I tested with a Windows DHCP server and everything works like a champ. I didn't know what have do, and i turned crazy, so I began to change every element on solution, finally the DHCP server that it was the key.

Thank you so much for your answer.

KR!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X