Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP Server with SF300-08

korenav93
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco,

in the last week i bought CIsco SF300-08 .

i want to make him DHCP Server cus i have ESXI with a lot of machines and i need dhcp server for give ip addresses with specific dns of my Active directory server and more.

i never used cisco appliance before and this is my first time.

im trying to turn on the dhcp server and set address pool and and when i connect pc to port 2 (FE2) i get ip address from the dhcp server of my router and not from the switch.

some one can help me how figure out this problem?

i need just dhcp to give ip with DNS servers that i choose .

5 Replies 5

Milan Milanov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

First you will have to set up a static IP address on the switch and then disable the DHCP server on the router since having two DHCP servers for one subnet will cause trouble.

Second, you can go to "IP Configuration"->"DHCP Server", enable it from "Properties" and then go to "Network Pools" where you set the IP pool of the DHCP, as well as the default gateway (Option 3) and DNS server (Option 6).

If you are experiencing further problems configuring your DHCP server, please call us at the corresponding phone number for your country:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Kind regards,

Milan Milanov

but i need my dhcp on my router.

i want 1 dhcp server from the router to the connected pc directly and wifi and one more dhcp server from the switch for another connected pc's .

of course i need to create static route on my router to switch and  opposite

Hello,

Are you going to use only one subnet (e.g 192.168.1.1~254) or two/more subnets (e.g 192.168.1.x, 192.168.2.x, etc.)?

If this is the case - yes, you can tell the router to be the DHCP server for subnet 1 and the switch to be the DHCP server for subnet 2.

If you are going to have only one subnet, please provide more details on why do you want to have two DHCP servers in  the same subnet.

Kind regards,

Milan Milanov

i tell you what i need.

i need 2 subnets with 2 different dhcp server.

this is the reason:

i have a router that give all the internet and this router have wifi for wireless connection's and it's mush have dhcp server.

i need to connect the router to port PE1 in the switch and the switch release ip's from the router dhcp server from port PE2 . and i need to make dhcp server in the swith the release ip's from PE3-PE8 with the swith dhcp server.

Hello,

You will have to make the switch in Layer 3 mode first and then to set a DHCP Relay to the Router DHCP server.

I advise you to give us a call, so we can make a WebEx session and configure together your desired logical topology.

Please find below the phone numbers on which you can reach us:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Kind regards,

Milan Milanov