cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dhcp sg300 vlan

patrick.hurley
Level 3
Level 3

Okay. I have two scopes for two vlans configured on the sg300. When I put my laptop in vlan 1 I get an ip from 192.168.0.0/24. I then release the ip, I put the port my laptop is in into vlan 20 and try to renew to get an ip from 172.20.20.0/24 subnet associated with vlan 20 but I get an ip from 192.168.0.0/24 which is associated with vlan 1. The only way to get this to work is I have to go into the sg300 and delete the dhcp binding and then renew and I then get an IP address from 172.20.20.0. I would have thought that if I put the laptop in vlan 20 and released and renewed the sg300 would give me an IP address from 172.20.20.0 not 192.168.0.0 which is associated with vlan 1. What am I missing? Why is the sg300 responding with an ip from different vlan?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

viningele
Level 3
Level 3

I've also experienced this and there was a similar post unanswered this month I believe.  It may not be considered a bug or a problem since hosts aren't expected to change vlans like they do when we use are PCs for testing.  Personally I would think that each vlan would have it's own isolated binding table as well as every other table, array or structures.  Maybe some one can explain a solution or the reason why this is normal.

View solution in original post

I would suspect the ARP did not time out.

Reduce the ARP timeout for testing purposes then let enough time elapse then release/renew or disconnect/reconnect from the physical port.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

viningele
Level 3
Level 3

I've also experienced this and there was a similar post unanswered this month I believe.  It may not be considered a bug or a problem since hosts aren't expected to change vlans like they do when we use are PCs for testing.  Personally I would think that each vlan would have it's own isolated binding table as well as every other table, array or structures.  Maybe some one can explain a solution or the reason why this is normal.

I would suspect the ARP did not time out.

Reduce the ARP timeout for testing purposes then let enough time elapse then release/renew or disconnect/reconnect from the physical port.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Where is that setting configured? However my initial summary does seem like a bug. I opened a TAC case

This turned to be a bug and will be fixed in the next software update

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X