Views
Helpful
Replies

Download/Backup Configuration

ruifernando
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
I am trying to download a new configuration file into the switch and it keeps saying:

Bytes Transferred:  0
Error Message:  Copy: Error in configuration download Line: 1 Command: no cdp run

The file that i am trying to submit is .txt file

9 Replies 9

rockrobi
Level 1
Level 1

Good Afternoon, 

Which (model) switch are you trying this on?

Thanks,

Raquel

Hi,

I am using SF302-08MP with the last firmware version (1.3.7.18)

bestregards,

Rui Fernando

Hi Fernadno,

Have you tried to remove "no cdp run" line from the txt file and upload it again.

Regards,

Aleksandra

yes but then it comes back with another error...
"spanning-tree bpdu filtering"

Hi Fernando,

Have you try just to do current configuration backup and upload? To see if the process itself is not failing.

Regards,

Aleksandra

Hi Fernando,

I have redone the whole configuration for you so I hope it works. Please note that there was a important change in switch file system on versions 1.3 thus this might be the reason for uploading old configuration issue and manual reconfiguration was needed.

Regards,

Aleksandra

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try to log in to the console and paste a small section of the config at a time until it is complete and see what commands it doesn't like.

Also, is it possible you're using a confg file from something like a SG300 and trying to load it in to a SF300 or from a SX500 in to a SX300? Or a config file from a different switch using a different software version?

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

rockrobi
Level 1
Level 1

I just ran a quick test on the SF302-08MP. I made a backup of my running "default" config file and then tried to download it as a new config file. There might be something you changed that is causing this to happen. I have attached my running config file.

There are no special configurations or changes I have made to the switch. Compare yours to the one I have attached and let me know what is different. Also, if you can, send me the file you are trying to download and I can try running it over here.

Thanks,

Raquel

wwwsco1945
Level 1
Level 1
I have the same problem with the latest firmware. I have two SG300-52 units and attempted to backup from one unit and download to a backup unit. The configuration file is being downloaded almost to the end and failed. It says 13360 Bytes copied and when I look at the configuration file, the failed location is very close to the end, somewhere in the certification data area. I need a resolution asap please.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X