Views
Helpful
Replies

FindIT Probe on RV320 and SG500

derong
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Team,

Am doing a POC with FindIT Probe at customer place.

Together with it, I have RV320 router and SG500 switch too.

I was able to get a topology view on the RV320 and SG500.

I have some questions.

1) I was not able to get meaningful representation on the Overlay filter on the Link Utilization View in Topology Map.

I was not able to get any stats when select the link.

2) On Port Management, I was not able to see port statistics on  RV320. I can get the statistics on SG500 ports.

Please advise.

Thanks and regards

/derek

6 Replies 6

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Derek,

For #1, we do not show link utilisation stats when a link is selected in the topology view today, though you can see utilisation statistics if you click the corresponding port in the Port Management view.  However, you are right that this would be useful information to have in the topology, and I will add an enhancement to the roadmap.

For #2, the Port Management view does not support routers today, though this is already on the roadmap, and is currently targeted for a release towards the end of the calendar year, though this is subject to change.

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi Dave,

thanks for the reply.

Would you be able to help me understand how useful is the overlay-filter panel in the Topology map? How do I make use of it?

Apart from Link Utilization, I cannot get any data when 'Vlan View' is selected. I mean am i suppose to see anything new on the topology map?

According to the FindIT Probe UG, this is stated:

"The Topology Map also contains the Overlays & Filters panel. This panel allows you to limit the devices displayed in the topology by device type or by tag. It also allows you to enhance the topology to show additional information such as the traffic load on links or how a particular VLAN is configured in the network."

Thanks,

/derek

I'm a little concerned if you are not seeing any data when the VLAN overlay is selected.  You did select a VLAN from the dropdown list that appears, didn't you?  You should see highlighted any devices that have that VLAN configured and any links that have that VLAN enabled.  If you don't, I'd like to investigate further.

The third overlay is the PoE overlay which highlights any devices and links that are currently using PoE.  Given you only have one switch and one router though, it seems likely that you don't have any PoE devices in your testbed, in which case, this overlay won't show anything.

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi Dave, you are probably right.

I have only a router and a switch. Hence there should be no major to changes to what I currently see on Topology map *devices & links" when I choose vlan 1 or others, or no vlan selection at all.

Basically the router has 3 default vlans : 1, 25, 100.

As for the switch, besides vlan 1, I created a new vlan 1068 where the FindIT Probe sits in. The same vlan 1068 is also configured in the router.

And I have enabled Bonjeur on all vlans.

Anyway thanks for the clarity. Appreciate it.

Well, even with a single switch and host, if you select the VLAN overlay for the VLAN that is enabled on the link to the host, you should see something like this screenshot.  On the left is the topology with no overlays enabled, and on the right is the topology with the VLAN overlay enabled and the VLAN that is the native VLAN for the host selected.  If you are not seeing something similar, then we should look in to why not.

Cheers,

Dave.

Yes, Dave...I understand what u mean now.

Let me check and if I do see some diferences, I will definitely post again.

Thanks again for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X