Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Help with SG200-26 configuration

I have two SG200-26 switches. One feeds my VOIP devices the other my computers. On both devices I have a number of ports that were not being used but now need to be. These ports show as "Down" I can bring them up by resetting my switches to default and then all the ports being used will work, but ones not being used will turn off again. How can I turn on a previously unused port without a full reset?

3 REPLIES
Green

Hi Robert, to enable a port it is under port management in the GUI. You should be able to select the radio button, edit the port and admin enable/disable, etc from there. If the ports were never modified they are enabled by default and only require an active connection.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hi Robert Meier,

What is the Firmware you are using? If possible, try download the latest 1.3 series and upgrade to this version.

Remember after successful upload the Firemware, save all your setting to a save place before boot.

And on the Choose Boot Image Page choose the latest version to reboot. (SG Series have two boot image, one for active and one for backup)

Reemeber click the SAVE buttom too if make any change, else the next reboot all unsave setting will lost, and back to unsave states auto.

Hope this hints help for you.

I am a SG300-28 User

Best Regards,

Jimmy Chan

http://explorerhome.dyndns.org/blog

Robert,

By default the ports are enabled and will show "down" port status until something running is connected to that port.

Just simply plug in a PC connection and it will come up.

Hope this helps. If you need farther assistance call us at Cisco Small Business Support - 1(866)606-1866.

Richard Pruitt

Views
Helpful
Replies