cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you use QoS on an SLM248GT?

bositrim78
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently working with a branch office to improve network performance.  The site has two Cisco Small Business sf200-48 port 10/100 switches; PID SLM248GT V01.  They're operating on firmware level 1.0.0.19.  A major problem that this branch is dealing with is individual users consumming the entire WAN connection with large file transfers which in turn prevents other users from using applications.  I'm not familiar with this type of switch, but the documentation says that it can do QoS.  I've looked through the help files, manuals, internet postings, etc. to figure out how to configure the QoS, but I must be missing something because I can't get it to do anything.  How do you configure the QoS?  Is there anyway to prioitize one protocol over another?  Does the switch apply QoS tags to inbound and/or outbound traffic or does it just read the tags that some other device has applied to the packets/frames?  I would like to be able to prioritize traffic so that applications can continue to operate properly during an end users file transfer.  Let me know if you need any additional information.

0 Replies 0