cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How To Access An Audio Stream From An Outside (the network) computer?

WTIJ
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have a Cisco SA540 server and I am needing help (with as many details as possible) in getting access to an audio stream on one of our network computers from an outside computer.

We run a small radio staton and I want to set up streaming.

The radio computer is set up and has a program running that will stream the programs/music we air.

I am able to access the radio computer and audio stream from within the network via iTunes and the local IP address of the computer and the port.

Please help me set up the server where I can access the stream remotely and provide a link to others that wish to listen.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

By the sounds of it, you are using unicast to connect to the stream (i.e. use the IP address of the streaming host). If you want that access from the outside, you would need to do a port forward on your internet connections public IP address, pointing to your local radio computer.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

HOW?

I appreciate your response, but asked for "many details" on how to set up the port forwarding on the server.  Do you know how to do this?  What settings need changed?  Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X