Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

how to add the IP address helper command to the switch

Hi

I am trouble shooting a SF 200-48P and I am a bit lost without a CLI not used to the GUI. What I need to know is how to add the IP address helper command to the switch?

I have a number of IP phones which are not getting an IP address from DHCP (PCs which are diasy chained off the phones are all working correctly). On the higher end switches I would have added the IP address helper command to the VLAN and that would have sorted it. However I can't seem to figure out how to do this on the small business switch.

Thanks

Lorne

2 REPLIES

how to add the IP address helper command to the switch

So your small business switch is trunk to your higher-end switch ?

On your higher-end switch vlan defined for VOIP has been configured for an IP-Helper address ?

thanks

Rizwan Rafeek

Re: how to add the IP address helper command to the switch

Thanks Rizwan. I was banging my head wishing they weren't small business switches as I felt lost without the command line!

Lorne Gallagher | McCann FitzGerald Solicitors | Riverside One, Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland | DDI +353 1 607 1726 | Fax +353 1 829 0010 | www.mccannfitzgerald.ie <>

Ireland Law Firm of the Year 2011 | Chambers Europe

Ireland Law Firm of the Year 2011 | International Financial Law Review

Views
Helpful
Replies