cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure a VLAN on Cisco SRW2024

joshlondon
Level 1
Level 1

We were sold Cisco by our IT company however the main reason we bought these switches for all our offices was to configure VLANs on them.

I've been unable to do this so far and my boss is now asking questions. I just can't seem to do this, I can login via ssh/telnet to the switches

with no problems and there are no options to configure VLANs there, the document states that this is all possible and more. I've also tried the

web interface and it's very slow and once you login the whole screen is simply blue. We only have 5 of these to start with and the rest of my order

for my cisco gear has been put on hold as my boss seems to have lost faith in me and Cisco now as I've shown him exactly what I've done to no avail.

Please I'd love some help on how to configure these VLANS. Firmware version is 1.2.2b I've seen some comments on using Internet Explorer but that's not an option unfortunatly as we don't have access to this in the server rooms on a permanent basis so I've only got Macs and Linux machines to work on. Is this a problem or does Cisco hardware always require some sort of Internet Explorer connection?

Thank you,

Josh

1 Reply 1

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Josh,

software for that unit was developed when IE version 6 was around.

Please contact me at dhornste@cisco.com with your contact details, which includes phone number..

They are not bad switches and they actually do work, but you will find that IE6 works pretty well with them.

regards Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X