cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Configure both GVRP and VTP to work together on Small Business SG300 s and Catalyst 2960S

osanchez3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody!

I got 2 small business sg300 switches, actually I have a Catalyst2960S working in my environment. The thing is I need to create VLANs using the small business SG300 switches and propagate those VLANs to the C2960S using the GVRP protocol, but Cat2960S only have VTP protocol to propagate VLANs. I have found on the internet that Small business SG300 does not support VTP but I’m not sure.

Do anyone knows how to set up the appropriate configuration between GVRP and VTP protocols using both switches models keeping in mind that Small business only have GVRP and Catalyst2060 have VTP protocol?

I attach the diagram of the configuration I want achieve.

Regards.

2 Replies 2

V K Moorthy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

yes VTP is not supported by SG300 switches. VLAN propagation from Sg300 to C2960S is not possible .GVRP concept is totally different compare with VTP. GVRP only send information about the VLANs to its neighboring switches(which supports GVRP).Based on this information we need to add(Manually) the required vlans in the neighboring switches.

Thank you very much  vasukris