Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

how to take 2 different bandwidth on 1 port without VLan configuration ?

Dear Sir,

I am having cisco SG 300 -28 switch and i have 2 bandwidth I want to connect bandwidth A to port on 25 & bandwidth B to port on 26 . Now port no 1 connect to desktop. If I dial pppoe user of bandwidth A so query will go to port no 25 & dial user of bandwidth B so query will go to port no 26. These both bandwidth will be separate. I don't want to create Vlan because I don't want to configure VLAN on customer devices. If 1 user is having bandwidth A & B both user name so he can able to connect with any username by just changing username & password.

Waiting for valuable reply

Regards,

Ashish

Everyone's tags (4)
1 REPLY

Unfortunately, this isn't

Unfortunately, this isn't going to work for you. PPPoE's initial discovery uses a broadcast, so there's no way to determine which PPPoE access concentrator is going to reply unless you separate the two broadcast domains. I understand not wanting to go beyond the stock configuration on customer devices, but a two VLAN approach really is the easiest way to separate clients for the two PPPoE access concentrators.

Views
Helpful
Replies