cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Importing an SSL Cert on SG500X

Steve Galambos
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to use SSL certs signed by out internal CA on all of our SG500X and SG500 switches, the manual is a little vague on the actual process import process, I generated the request from the switch without specifying a new key(so I assume it used the default), submitted the request to my CA and downloaded the cert. Since the import option doesn't allow importing the cer file, I opened it up with a text editor and copied the cert including the begin and end markers, when I submit it I get the error: SSL can't import certificate - conversion of input to certificate failed.

1 Accepted Solution
6 Replies 6

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Steve, I've had mixed success with the SSL certs using the GUI.You may want to try to input the cert through the CLI.

#configure terminal

(config)# crypto certificate <1-2> import

it gives you a prompt

Please paste the input .... etc

Paste the certificate and at the end add a period "."

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

I just tried importing the cert through CLI too, and get the same error, is there anything that needs to be done before import? I'm working with a base-64 encoded cert file that was issued by our internal Windows CA.

Steve, there shouldn't be anything special about it. Do you use a firmware newer than 1.2.7.76? (1.3.0.59 or 1.3.0.62)

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Tom,

I'm on firmware 1.3.0.62

Thanks!

When I followed the step-by-step entirely it imported the cert fine through the GUI, when I was trying it previously I wasn't editing the self-signed cert prior to generating the request to submit to the CA, I'm not sure why that made a difference but it worked on all 5 of my stacks if I did it first.