Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Importing an SSL Cert on SG500X

I'm trying to use SSL certs signed by out internal CA on all of our SG500X and SG500 switches, the manual is a little vague on the actual process import process, I generated the request from the switch without specifying a new key(so I assume it used the default), submitted the request to my CA and downloaded the cert. Since the import option doesn't allow importing the cer file, I opened it up with a text editor and copied the cert including the begin and end markers, when I submit it I get the error: SSL can't import certificate - conversion of input to certificate failed.

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

6 REPLIES
Green

Hi Steve, I've had mixed success with the SSL certs using the GUI.You may want to try to input the cert through the CLI.

#configure terminal

(config)# crypto certificate <1-2> import

it gives you a prompt

Please paste the input .... etc

Paste the certificate and at the end add a period "."

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

I just tried importing the cert through CLI too, and get the same error, is there anything that needs to be done before import? I'm working with a base-64 encoded cert file that was issued by our internal Windows CA.

Green

Steve, there shouldn't be anything special about it. Do you use a firmware newer than 1.2.7.76? (1.3.0.59 or 1.3.0.62)

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Tom,

I'm on firmware 1.3.0.62

Thanks!

Cisco Employee

When I followed the step-by-step entirely it imported the cert fine through the GUI, when I was trying it previously I wasn't editing the self-signed cert prior to generating the request to submit to the CA, I'm not sure why that made a difference but it worked on all 5 of my stacks if I did it first.

Views
Helpful
Replies