cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inherited a SGE2010 switch

edwardrhoades
Level 1
Level 1

We have an SGE2010 switch that we are running our whole network on. The problem is that the person who set this switch up, did not leave their password when they left the company. Now we are stuck with this switch without a password. I would do a reset but I am afraid that this would cause the switch not to route traffic like it does today. Is there a way to reset just the passwords to the switch or can I get a cable to connect directly to the switch to reset the password? Please help!

3 Replies 3

lifennel
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

There may be a way to reset the password by connection your console cable to the switch. When you use hyperterminal or XMODEM to access the console menu, you will need to power cycle the sge2010. As soon as the switch comes on and you see the output from flash memory (Everything should list PASS), you should hit the escape key and that will take you into the Boot Menu, option 3 is what you need to press, and this should reset the username and password to defaults for you to log in again.

It may be tricky to hit ESC at exactly the right moment. Give it a few tries. Let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks,

-Lindsey

Thanks Lindsey.  That worked a treat for me.

vishalsawant
Level 1
Level 1

%STP-W-PORTSTATUS: gi16: STP status Forwarding   errer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X