Views
Helpful
Replies

Inter VLAN routing on SG350XG

hawesge01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have 2 stacked SG350XG 10GB switches that I need to have simple inter VLAN routing between VLANS. FW 2.0.0.73

I created 2 VLAN's and I created IP's on those VLAN's. I created trunk ports and untagged access ports assigned to the VLAN's. 

I set up 2 laptops on untagged ports and tried to ping between the IP's and I get nothing. I've checked that routing is enabled, I can see the routes listed but I can't ping.I am able to ping between devices on the same VLAN.

The SG300's have a layer 2 mode and a layer 3 mode, adjustable in the admin system settings but I cannot see anything similar in the SG350XG web GUI. Is there something I am missing in the setup?

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to make this work?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

can you ping from either PC to its respective IP address on the SG350XG?  

if so, can you do an extended ping from the SG350XG's IP address in VLAN A to the PC in VLAN B?

cheers

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi Dennis

Thanks for responding.  After looking at your suggestions and my config again, I realized that I had left the wireless adapters on (but not connected) After disabling the wireless adapters I was able to ping each of the VLAN IP's from both laptops and each other. So it looks like I have a config that will work.

Thanks for your help