Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone 3905 didn't get voice vlan

ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i have SF300-48P switch and some ip phone, all configuration seems OK, i have many type of IP Phone one of them was 3905, when i plug the phone to the switch, it only got data vlan not join in voice vlan i have created in the switch, i see that others ip phone going OK.

FYI : data vlan should have IP address :192.168.9.x and voice vlan should have IP : 192.168.4..x

i attach the pic LLDP and CDP neighbor status,also vlan table from the switch.

please your advice

warm regards,

acer

8 Replies 8

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Customer,

Thank you for reaching Small Business Support Community.

The switch configuration seems to be ok to me therefore I would point to the phone as the problem, particularly considering other IP phones work just fine on the given setup.  I would anyways suggest you to contact the Small Business Support Center to figure this out;

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

And please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is anything I may assist you with in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Hi, this is a known issue with the phone.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

but when i try use catalyst it getting work, my 3905 can touch the voice vlan.

if this known issue, so have cisco release the solustion ?

ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi support,

please help me regarding this issue, it will hopeless if the problem is because SF300 doesn't support the phone

Regards

Acer

Hello Kabiru,

When you check the Dynamic MAC address table of the switch, do you see the phone MAC address associated with the voice vlan along with the data vlan? Also, if it is not required, turn off the LLDP on the switch and let the devices explore each other using CDP only and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Nagaraja

Hi, this bug should be fixed on 9-2-2ES2.

The bug id is CSCub09465

CP-3905 is connected to Cisco Small Business SF300-24P. LLDP-MED is enabled in the switch port with a network policy advertising the voice VLAN.

CP-3905 fails to learn and change the operational VLAN value from 4095 to the advertised vlan id. Please see attached packet captures. The phone advertises its own capabilities and the switch replies back with the network policy. It seems that CP3905 is not processing it.

After disabling LLDP Tx in the switch port, CP3905 learns the vlan id via CDP.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hi Tom Watts,

Thank you so much for help, but where i can get the  9-2-2ES2 firmware, i tried to download the latest firmware for 3905 9.2(2)
and upgraded it, but it won't work.

is 9-2-2ES2 different version ?

thanks

Kabiru

9.4.1 firmware was released last week which is supposed to fix this bug (although the Bug ID is still only visible to Cisco employees)

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X