cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone 7945 not passing vlan to PC

mlewis1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.  Last Friday, for some reason, two IP Phone 7945's stopped forwarding VLAN IP's to PC's connected to it.  Here's what we got:  We have a Cisco 3750 with ports set up for VLAN 7 for IP Phones and VLAN 25 for Windows PC's.  There are two IP Phones connected to this switch, each IP Phone has a PC daisy changed through it.  For some reason, last Friday morning, the PC's lost connectivity, while the phones were working normally (can send/receive calls).  I connected the PC's straight to two separate ports on the switch.  That made the PC's work again!  I connected my laptop to the phone, and I couldn't get an IP address from their either.

What could be wrong with thw switch?  As far as I know, no one made any configuration change on the switch.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Reply 1

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi mlewis, can you verify the phone data port is still enabled and also share the 3750 port config? Is it possible the phone port MAC limit changed on the switch?

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X