cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a max number of switches I can connect to Linksys SD2008? Slow down issues...

strongbad71
Level 1
Level 1

I posted this originally on the Linksys board, but they directed my here...

I have a Linksys SD2008 main 8-port switch.  Connected to this, I have THREE 5-port switches from DLINK, each on its own SD2008 port.

1) My DSL provides 10 Mbps maximum.

2) On two of the DLINK switches, I can get 10 Mbps with speedtest.net

3) On third switch (connected last in time), I can only get about 2 Mbps.

4) If I disconnect one of the other two switches, the 3rd slow one now is 10 Mbps.

It seems like there can only be 2 switches connected to the SD2008.  Is this true?

If so - is there a new model of switch that I can connect 3 switches

DSL

to

Router

to

SD2008 Switch

to

Three 5 port switches

Thanks! 

Derek

3 Replies 3

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Derek, the is the SF/SG-100 series now.

There shouldn't be a "limit" per se. It's just a piece of hardware that doesn't have consideration for what connects to it.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Then I don't understand why when 2 switches are connected, both are at max speed.  But when three switches are connected, the third one is at 20% speed, but the other two are 100%.

Any idea where the issue could be?

Derek

I replaced the switch with a SG200-18 Port Smart Switch, and my problems magically went away.  Data rates are max at all 3 endpoint switches.  Not sure what the issue is with the Linksys SD2008?

Derek

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X