Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues getting IP's from a SG300-20

I have the following setup:

2 SG300-20's with one VLAN (the default...we're a rather small network) set to L2

1 HP ProCurve L3 router/switch with two VLAN's (one for VOIP and one for LAN)

The SG300-20 on the bottom of the rack has all the servers (about 6) .  It's then connected to the ProCurve from its port 5 to the ProCurve's port 25.

The SG300-20 above that has all the workstations (about a dozen).  It's connected to the SG300-20 above from port 19 to the other SG300's port 20.

The ProCurve has all the IP phones and has the WAN connected (via a Sonicwall) to port 26.

Everything works, except for the workstations that try to grab a new address from the DHCP server after the TTL expires (I'm guessing this is the problem as once they're connected, they're stable as a rock).  They just spin and spin, then report an UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK for the NIC.  Sometimes it will connect, but as time goes on the problem seems to get worse.  Rebooting the switch with the workstations appears to speed it up, but I need to verify this after work hours this weekend.

Anyone else experience this?  See an issue with my setup?  Should I instead plug the router (the ProCurve) into each switch and elminate the connection between the two SG300's?

Thanks for any help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear William,

I believe this post is a duplicate of:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2241120

I'll be looking forward to hear from you.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear William,

I believe this post is a duplicate of:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2241120

I'll be looking forward to hear from you.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Sorry, yes. I mistakenly created two posts about the same issue as I wasn't aware of the post approval process.

Please disregard this post in favor of the duplicate found here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2241120?tstart=0]

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X