Views
Helpful
Replies

LAG , how to?

bluebytes1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have two serie 300 switches with 4 vlans created. I normally have one connection between two switches and configured as trunk mode with vlans added to that trunk.

Now i want to have a new connection so it will have two links between each other and i want to have a LAG so I will have 2 GB communication.

But It give me error  because those port are associated to vlans. What should i do to create that LAG, add two ports and allow vlans to communicate between switches?

thanks a lot and sorry for my ignorance.

3 Replies 3

rocater
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Angel,

You will want to set the ports you plan on connecting in the LAG to the same state. (same vlans same port type) Once this is done, you will do the following-

Port Management > Link Aggregation > LAG Management

Select one of the available LAGs and then hit edit

Select ports from the left side and add them to the right

Now repeat these steps on the other switch.

Once you are done they ports will be joined as one LAG.

Robert, Thanks for your reply.

After I have the LAG configure with the ports, how should I set that LAG to allowd vlans i want? like a trunk port where I set vlan allowed.

thanks.

Yes, you will treat the new LAG as if it was just one port. You can change the LAG to trunk and add vlans just the same way.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X