Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

LAG on SG500x stack to Proxmox servers some problems

Hello,

I try setup LAG connection from 3 servers HP DL165g7 to stack of two switches SG500x. Steel a have some problems.

The servers have the same configuration - 8 NICs. I try make two LAGs to each server, 3 ports and 4 ports (example ge1/1/35, ge2/1/36, ge2/1/37 first and second ge2/1/34, ge2/1/35, ge1/1/36, ge1/1/37). The serves has the same system Proxmox 3.1 (some debian wheezy distro). I set bond with option 802.3ad. The LAGs have checked option LACP. Only one server works - its mean after reboot I can ping them on each LAG (active 3 from 3 ports and 2 from 4 ports).

Two servers after reboot not connect (i can't ping them, active 1 from 3 ports and 1 from 4 ports). The connections on both servers start work after I use option in LAG Settings->Reactivate Suspended LAG. I try also the settings without LACP.

Have you some idea what I should sett additionally?

Mariusz

2 REPLIES
Green

LAG on SG500x stack to Proxmox servers some problems

Hi Mariusz, so if you simplify what you're doing is there a problem? I mean, how I read this is if you take a switch and 1 server, you're making 2 channel groups between the switch and server. What happens if you make a 2 port channel group between the switch and server?

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Re: LAG on SG500x stack to Proxmox servers some problems

Hi Tom,

Thank you for replay. When j used only 2 ports i LAG it was the same situation.

Now I solve this problem. In servers I have additional NIC QLogic HP NC375T PCI Expres Quad Port Gigabit Server Adapter.

In LAGs I mix ports from additional card with built-in ports. LAGs with only built-in ports works fine.

I check that on this server which works fine I have older NIC firmware. So I update NIC firmware on all 3 servers to v4.0.590 (update CP018273.scexe).

Now all servers works proper with mixed ports in LAGs.

Again thanks for replay.

Views
Helpful
Replies